What is a Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel is a procedure in which a chemical solution is applied to the skin to remove the top layers. The skin that grows back is visibly smoother.
Chemical peels are used to treat wrinkles, discolored skin and scars — usually on the face.
They can be done alone or combined with other cosmetic procedures and they can be done at different depths, from superficial to deep. Deeper chemical peels offer more-dramatic results but have a longer recovery period.
Here at Youthful Infusion Med Spa, we offer a variety of chemical peels to suit the outcome you're looking for:
- WIQo Peel: an advanced peel that combines a special serum and a patented application technique that digs deep down into the sub-dermal layers to completely revitalize skin for an all-over glow. You can think of this treatment like a facelift in a bottle.
- Jessner Peel: Medium level peel best for reducing acne, minimizing acne scars and reducing crow's feet.
- SkinMedica Peel : Rejuvenize Peel™ is appropriate for patients with moderate to severe skin imperfections that result from skin aging and sun exposure.
What does a Chemical Peel treat?
Our chemical peels are used to treat a number of skin imperfections, especially around the eye area, including:
- Lines and wrinkles
- Sagging skin
- Stretch marks
- Acne scars
- Dilated pores
- Dull skin
What to expect:
Before the treatment:
- A brush, cotton ball, gauze or sponge is used to apply a chemical solution typically containing glycolic acid or salicylic acid. The treated skin will begin to whiten.
- You might feel mild stinging while the chemical solution is on your skin.
- A neutralizing solution or wash is then used to remove the chemical solution from the treated skin.
After the treatment:
Treated skin may be red, dry and mildly irritated — these effects might be less noticeable with each repeat treatment. Your practitioner might apply a protective ointment, such as petroleum jelly, to soothe the skin. You can usually wear makeup the next day if you wish.
Treated areas take about one to seven days to heal after a light chemical peel. New skin might temporarily be lighter or darker than normal.
Peels We Offer
SkinMedica® Vitalize Peel®
Diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Addresses skin tone unevenness that can be caused by acne scarring or other pigmentary changes. Appropriate for mild to moderate skin imperfections as determined by your physician.
SkinMedica® Rejuvenize Peel™
Smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. See noticeable improvement after just one peel and compelling results after three to six peels. Appropriate for moderate to severe skin imperfections as determined by your physician.
Reduces the appearance of acne scars, enlarged pores, fine lines and wrinkles, or hyperpigmentation. This deep peel is highly effective in delivering results. Appropriate for hyperpigmentation and acne-prone or oily skin, but should be avoided if you have dry or sensitive skin.
This "No-Peel" peel is effective in reducing poor texture, hyperpigmentation, sagging skin, enlarged pores, and acne. Appropriate for all skin types, with the advantage that it can be used on the face, neck, décolletage, and stomach.
• In a chemical peel treatment, an acidic solution is applied to the skin to remove damaged top layers, speed cell turnover, and boost collagen growth for a brighter, more even-toned complexion.
• By creating a controlled injury at a specific depth, chemical peels stimulate new skin growth, to improve skin texture and make it look more radiant.
• There are many different types of chemical peels designed to address a wide range of issues, so some kind of peel can benefit most people.
• An expertly trained aesthetician can recommend an acid solution with the strength and depth best suited to your concerns and skin type.
• Chemical Peels exfoliate the skin by dissolving the bonds between old skin cells, allowing them to shed. This makes way for fresh, new skin cells that look fresher and more even.
• It also triggers a natural healing response that boosts new collagen production.
• WiQo Biostimulator Peel is a revolutionary chemical peel treatment that uses a special patented chemical formula containing trichloroacetic acid (TCA), hydrogen peroxide, and kojic acid.
• Its active ingredients all contribute to an amazing skin healing effect without the actual peeling of the outer skin layers.
• Your treatment provider may recommend a series of four WiQo in-office treatments spaced one week apart.
• Patient results generally last from six months to as long as a year after treatment.
• After the application, your skin will look brighter, plumper, tighter, and more rested.
• There could be some flaking and moderate redness.
• Both the flaking and the redness are alleviated by WiQo Moisturizing Face Cream for dry skin available at the counter.