Benefits of a Neuromodulator
Do you feel like you are looking worn down when you look in the mirror? Wrinkles and fine lines become a problem for many people as they age. Neuromodulators lessen your fine lines and wrinkles giving a more youthful appearance to the forehead, temple areas, eyes, around the mouth, neck, and more!
As we age our skin produces less collagen leading to more noticeable lines/folds. By using neuromodulators such as BOTOX® these problems are reduced dramatically while also achieving a smooth, youthful look.
Our Neuromodulator Brands:
BOTOX® and DYSPORT®
What areas can be treated with BOTOX® Cosmetic?
Repeated muscle contractions from frowning, squinting, or raising eyebrows cause skin to furrow and fold, gradually resulting in the formation of facial lines.
BOTOX® Cosmetic works beneath the surface and temporarily reduces the underlying muscle activity that causes moderate to severe frown lines, crow’s feet and forehead lines in adults – to help them look better.
How Does BOTOX® Work?
BOTOX® injections will make you look years younger by reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. BOTOX® relaxes the muscles that cause these wrinkles by blocking the nerve signals that tell your muscles to contract.
The affected facial muscles start to relax after a few days. By the end of 14 full days, all wrinkles in the treated area(s) will be less visible and it is encouraged that you return every 3 months in order to maintain preventative benefits long-term.
Neuromodulator injections only take about 15 minutes. You can resume normal daily activities right after, with the exception of strenuous exercise (you'll want to wait several hours after treatment before doing this).
What to expect: Appointments and Results
Before your appointment:
To help avoid bruising, we suggest that our patients avoid any blood-thinning medications or supplements for two weeks before the appointment. They can also reduce the risk of bruising by avoiding alcoholic beverages 24 hours prior to coming in and drinking plenty of water.
After your appointment:
It is important to avoid any sort of rubbing, massaging or strenuous exercise for at least 6 hours after your injections. During this time you'll want to stay upright as well so don't plan on taking a nap right after your treatment.
It usually takes 2 weeks before your treated area(s) look visibly smoother. Results last approximately 3 months following a BOTOX® injection depending on the target area.
Before and After Gallery
• BOTOX® Cosmetic (onabotulinumtoxinA) is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to temporarily improve the look of moderate to severe forehead lines, crow's feet, and frown lines between the eyebrows in adults.
• It's the first and only treatment FDA-approved to temporarily make moderate to severe frown lines, crow's feet, and forehead lines look better in adults.
• Treatment requires minimal downtime. You can return to your daily routine immediately after you leave your specialist's office.
• BOTOX® Cosmetic targets one of the underlying causes of frown lines, crow’s feet and forehead lines — the repeated muscle contractions from frowning, squinting, smiling and raising the eyebrows over the years.
• Your expertly trained injector will inject these muscles with BOTOX® Cosmetic to temporarily reduce muscle activity.
• You will notice your frown lines between your brows, your crow’s feet lines and your forehead lines temporarily look better.
• BOTOX® Cosmetic delivers predictable, subtle results, so you look like you, only with less noticeable facial lines.
• You should notice results within 24 to 48 hours, with full results in 30 days.
• Results last up to four months for moderate to severe frown lines. Remember that results vary from patient to patient, so your injector will plan your next appointment based on your results and aesthetic goals.
• Start talking about your goals with one of our expertly trained injectors today and find out what you could expect.
Dysport is a prescription injection administered by a licensed healthcare professional to treat moderate to severe frown lines (those wrinkles between the eyebrows).
Medically, it’s a botulinum neurotoxin (abobotulinumtoxinA), an acetylcholine release inhibitor and a neuromuscular blocking agent. It temporarily prevents specific muscle movements that cause frown lines.
• Dysport and Botox are both made from botulinum toxin type A. All botulinum toxins have the same mechanism of action: blocking the release of acetylcholine (ACh) and preventing the muscles from contracting to maintain the aesthetic effect.
• However, the dosage of Dysport is not the same as the dosage of any other botulinum toxin product and cannot be compared to the dosage of any other botulinum toxin product that you may have previously used.